car // c r a s h

there will be no carcrash in the story, but i wanted the path test to be as spectacular as possible 🙂

smoke sim broke down, and further testing is not needed, very work in progress hehe

blender // a t h m o s p h e r e

two tests of blenders athmosphere simulation

also a test how far its possible to drive the modifierstack of the house, 10×10 duplicates, relief etc

character // r e m o d e l i n g

i changed the main character to a more cartoony look.
most changes are in modeling, but also the rendernodes and material shader nodes are finetuned to be more cartoony and less realistic.

voice-acting // a n n o u n c e m e n t

good news everyone!

My dear friend, Mr Markus Carr joined my film today.
He will do voice-acting, and hopefully also contributes ideas how to fix my otherwise lousy plot^^

We will start testing the workflow for lipsync as soon as modeling is finished, which will be around May/June.

for more information on Markus Carr visit his wikipedia entry,

and/or watch this video

dogs dogs // d o g s

this time, not only the mesh is fully morphable, but also the texture is blendable.

but as the leg-lenght changes, i might get problems rigging them ..

working title // a n n o u n c e m e n t

i decided to give the film a project title, and it is … tadaaa! : PROJECT-EREBUS

named after the Navy Patrol Boat, Riverine (PBR) “Erebus” from the motion picture “Apocalypse Now” which is based on Joseph Conrad‘s novella Heart of Darkness.

Of course, as its only a working title, its not meant to be the title of the film, but other projects are coming soon, so i have to create some folders 😉

Also I have an A N N O U N C E M E N T  to make, as the vienna based record label “ENDORPHONIC” is joining me, adding sound effects and music to my film.


modifier tests

a few videos with tests of modifiers and constraints, to visualize the characters view.

 

street modifier test

a little test of the modifier stack

 

the great re-modeling

i decided to remodel the characters, after i looked at my styleguide.

also i made big changes in the output pipeline, to get a more cartoony look.